Local Area Guide: Things to do / Activities / Attractions
Welcome to a world of adventure in the beautiful upper Ogden Valley of Utah. Our Valley is comprised of the three small hamlet communities of Eden, Huntsville and Liberty. Wolf Creek Utah Resort is located in the quaint city of Eden and Moose Hollow sits on Fairway #2 of Wolf Creek Utah Golf Course within the resort.
Beyond the Ogden Valley, Utah abounds with all kinds of adventures and experiences to be celebrated!
Amenities, Activities and Attractions at the Moose Hollow Community
- Concierge service at the Welcome Center.
- Swimming pool complex with regular pool, kiddie pool, in-ground spa, dry sauna, picnic area with table and charcoal grill.
- Picnic areas adjacent to the pool complex. Two areas that each have several tables that can seat 6-8 people each. Large charcoal grill. These areas can be reserved. Summertime you'll need to bring your own canopies
- Sand volleyball court.
- Basketball hoop.
- Ponds, streams, waterfalls with paved walking trails throughout the community. Gather stray golf balls along Fairway #2 also perfect for your morning walk or a nature hike with little ones.
- 3,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse which is available for reservations, capacity 120.
- Lower level of the Clubhouse is a small exercise facility and game room.
- Game Room - Ping-pong, air hockey, foosball, and double-shot.
- 18 hole championship golf course with unsurpassed scenery and beauty
- Clubhouse with small pro shop
- Perfect for a day of playing in the water, on the sandy beach, or fishing
- Port Ramp Marina – West side, large ramp for launching watercraft of all types
- Bluffs Marina – East side. Rent watercraft right on site. Also known as Cemetery Point; day camp beach area with sandy beaches, picnic sites, trees, culinary water, restrooms
- Multi-seasonal resort that caters to the budget of families
- Wintertime – Great place to learn to ski and to bring the whole family
- Summertime – Music in the Mountain Series, hiking, and biking throughout
- Multi-seasonal resort offering a variety of terrific experiences
- Wintertime – Welcomes snow sports of all kinds including skiing, snowboarding, snow kiting, and Trikke Skking. Powder Mountain, at 7,000 acres, is one of the largest resorts in the United States. Great value, short lines, variety of unique experiences.
- Summertime – Safari’s aboard rugged outdoor vehicles. Special events such as the Annual Monster Energy Powder Mountain Motocross in August
Snowbasin, A Sun Valley Resort
- Multi-seasonal upscale resort offering a variety of awesome experiences
- Wintertime – Home to several ski events during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. Very classy with good value plus terrific terrain.
- Summertime – Beauty and adventure abound!
- Gondola Rides
- Live Music, BBQ and Picnics in Wildflower Meadows, Sundays • Dining Options and Venues for Meetings, Weddings, and Retreats
Other Amenities and Adventures Throughout The Upper Ogden Valley
- Dining options include Carlos & Harleys, Eats of Eden, Alpine Pizza, Mad Moose Café, Pat's Snack Shack and the restaurant at the new Powder Mountain Valley Lodge . In the Canyon: The Oaks, Gray Cliff Lodge Restaurant, The Greenery Restaurant
- Eden Park, Huntsville Park
- Free Spirit Holistic Mountain Spa
- Hiking, biking, and equestrian trails throughout the Valley
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Rock Climbing
- River Adventures such as fishing, fly fishing, kayaking, tubing
- Geo-caching • Scenic Drives including historic attractions
- Huntsville Trapper’s Monastary
- Shopping: Chic Style Clothing, Planet Rainbow, Rainbow Garden’s Gift Shop
- Special events such as the Balloonfest, Xterra National Championships, Mountain to Metro, Ogden Valley Triathlon
- The first transcontinental railroad in the United States was ceremoniously completed on May 10, 1869. Union Station welcomed the world into Ogden for over 50 years, and Historic 25th Street rolled out before it like a red carpet.
- Historic Attractions including: Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Museum, Historic Union Station, Hill Aerospace Museum, Fort Buenaventura, Peery’s Egyptian Theatre, Roy Historical Museum
- Shopping Attractions including: Aaron Lily Antiques, Artist’s & Heirlooms, Needle Point Joint, Trends & Traditions, Grandma’s Closet, Smith & Edwards, and more….
- Entertainment: George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park, Ogden Amphitheatre, Roy Aquatic Center, Terrace Plaza Playhouse, The Ice Sheet, Treehouse Children’s Museum, Wiseguys Comedy Club, Ogden Nature Center plus * The Salomon Center featuring: Fat Cats (mini-golf, bumper cars, arcade), Flowrider (simulated surfing pool), I-Fly (simulated sky diving tunnel), I-Rock (52 ft. rock climbing wall), 13 Megaplex Theatre
- Art Galleries
- Spas & Fitness
- Dining: Jeremiah’s Restaurant, Rickenbackers Bistro, Yu’s Maple Garden, Melina’s Fine Mexican Food, Prairie Schooner, Timbermine and many more…
- Coffee Shops, Clubs & Pubs: Grounds For Coffee, Mountain Perk, Starbucks Coffee Co.; Andy’s Lounge, Brewski’s, The City Club, Diamond Lounge, The Outlaw Saloon and many more….
- Special Events: Such as the Ogden Marathon, Xterra National Championships, Harvest Moon, Mountain to Metro, Kayak Rodeo, Freedom Ralley, 24th of July Pioneer Days
- Historic 25th Street has experienced a renaissance in the past few years and has once again emerged as a vital economic and cultural center with a promising future.
- Several historic attractions, shopping, entertainment, art galleries, spas, outfitters, and and dining can be found on Historic 25th Street. Some dining includes: Peddlers Restaurant, Artisan Grille, Bistro 258, Roosters 25th St. Brewing Co., The Athenian, Union Grill, La Ferrovia Restaurant, Shin Sei Susi Bar, and more…
Eastward in Ogden Valley and Monte Cristo
- Red Cliff Ranch and Outfitters – Horseback riding, snowmobilies, ATV’s and more…
- Monte Cristo (just 9 miles east of Red Cliff). Trailhead for interlinking trail system of three snowmobile complexes which include over 200 miles of groomed trails. For those who prefer powder, the groomed complexes provide access to thousands of acres of high-mountain bowls. The trail system is open for ATV riding during most of the year.
- A 10-acre family entertainment venue including laser tag, miniature golf, go-karts, bowling, bumper boats, batting cages, arcade, rollerball and kiddie cove.
- Family recreation including waterpark, batting cages, miniature golf, rock climbling wall, video games, hamster haven, arcade games
- Includes amusement park, rides for all ages with several roller coasters. Lagoon-a-Beach waterpark; Pioneer Village – more rides and attractions.
- Many sights and attractions. More info to follow....
- Ski Resort area. Many, many sights, attractions and amenities!